Friday, August 18, 2006

Attempting to flirt

Last night in the middle of the night I listened to my two fellow out of town coworkers chatting up the manager whom we were working for. We were all sitting around wasting time and of course, since we're three females sitting there the conversation turned to sex. It was a really amusing conversation in which I was reminded very strongly of "how the other half lives."

All three women were very passionate about the fact that their man best not be cheating on them. In fact, one of the women had already left her husband under just those sorts of conditions. Anyway, conversation (which I was only listening to and not contributing to in any way) turned toward open marriage. I absolutely kept my mouth shut then and tried to look only as interested and disassociated as I had when they first started talking. The conversation went something like "oh, NO... NO NONONONO." Or something along those lines. To each his or her own, I say.

Conversation moved on to talk of cucumbers, bananas, and vibrators. Which had me laughing and blushing. I don't blush all that often but I turned bright red for that. Very amusing.

Lots of talk of STDs and AIDS, too. Misinformation (which I chose not to correct because it wasn't harmful misinformaton) and lots of stories of unfaithful spouses passing it on. It's a rather serious subject and it made me worry (once again) about the brilliance of my newfound sluttiness. On the other hand... I'm a big kid and I want my cock-sized pacifier, dammit. And condoms. Lots of condoms.

This morning I went down with my coworkers to enjoy the complimentary breakfast (which, it turns out is pretty damned good). I ended up in the center of a corner booth trapped by the two women around me. Before us was a middle-aged man wearing a white shirt, tie, and slacks. Very dressy compared to my pajama wearing coworker and the two of us who were more casually dressed. I was feeling pretty confident I guess because I spent much of the next half hour watching that man. I know he caught me a few times and I couldn't help but smile hugely knowing I'd been caught, though I only met his eyes a few times.

He turned his chair around, finally, to watch what was on TV, and in so doing turned more fully toward me. I kept my eyes pretty much to myself, which was probably a mistake. Eventually, he got up and left and I couldn't help but wonder if he was hoping that I'd follow him. Except I was trapped. So I sat there and mooned over the fact that he was probably long gone. The conversation flowed around me and I moved on.

But he came back, asking the waitress for another cup of coffee. I watched him come in and as he left, his eyes met mine again so I smiled flirtatiously and looked back down at my drink, shyly. Fucking shyness, here I was trying NOT to be so shy and there I was... being shy. Fuck. He turned and walked away again and I watched him go.

When I finally got up, I looked around the lobby for him, but he was already gone. I hope that at the very least, I improved his day a little. He helped improve mine.

No comments: