Saturday, August 19, 2006

With MP

So the night was wearing thin and I was expecting MP. Except I still had a few more hours. And I was getting impatient. I was tempted to schlep down to the bar and see if my breakfast flirtation was hanging out there, though he didn't seem the type so I knew it was unlikely. Besides, I already had a date with MP and I could hardly get out of it. And I was pretty sure I didn't want to get out of it. For months now I've been carrying the feeling that maybe I've been wrong to put MP off as long as I have. However, it's struck me as just slightly more of a good idea to tell him "no" than to tell him "yes" so I've continued to put it off despite my misgivings about it. Tonight I was pretty fucking sure he was going to prove to me my foolishness and make me regret all the wasted months.

My coworkers called me and invited me to go to the bar downstairs with them and I was kind of freaked out. How could I possibly sneak away from them subtly and still not make MP wait too long? I called MP and asked him how much longer it'd be until he arrive and I swear to god even as the phone was ringing one of my coworkers came walking out the door toward me. I walked away so she wouldn't be able to hear me and told him what was going on. He told me to think of an excuse (well, DUH) and he'd call me when he arrived.

So we went into the bar where I consumed a beer, another half a beer, and a martini-esque mixed drink. I was pretty much drunk (I'm a cheap date) by the time MP got there. He called and I made a hasty exit saying I'd be back. I took him up to my room and settled him down telling him I was utterly drunk and I was sorry and giggling a lot. I headed back downstairs quickly and told the girls I didn't want to be too drunk before I drove home nor did I feel like dancing so I was going back to my room and for them to have a good night and a good drive home.

Back up in the room I found MP watching TV. We talked for a while and it was during this time that he pointed out I'd changed my AFF name (shortly after he found me). I stared at him. Because I wasn't sure what to say. Any long time reader of my blog (who pays attention) will remember that the name I used on AFF and the name and blog title I used here were exactly the same. It was a thoughtless choice and one I rectified by deleting that AFF account and changing my blog info. Unfortunately, MP still knows that name since it's what he has my listed under on his instant messanger. A quick google will certainly tell all.

Anyway, there is much much more to be told, but I'm going to save that while I consider the possibility that MP might finally think to google me and find out my evil little secret....

No comments: