Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Title Here

Keith told me I was taking the boy too seriously or something like that. He's not really wrong. But not really right, either. That night he really upset me. I took it kind of personally. I got over it. But then with the couple of comments I got, I figured I should at least give my thoughts on the matter. More and more, I think I should probably give up any thoughts of the boy. Because I remain pretty sure he's a great person but while I try not to hold a grudge I just have a negative feeling toward him. That could be changed but... does it really need to be? It's not like I have all the time in the world here as things stand. So, yeah. Not taking it THAT seriously. He just said the wrong thing at the right time for it to bother me is all.

Work today wasn't bad. I was in a very good mood since I get tomorrow off. I did have to go to one of the gates and get my god damned ID re-issued. Yesterday I went to do it and was told that, essentially, I could not and that the ID I had did not exist. When I explained the similar problem I had when I first got the ID, the woman gave me attitude and told me that there is NO way I got an ID with THAT particular problem. I took the problem to one of the people at HR and they took it to their point of contact and and went back to try again today. And got the same sort of attitude. I told them who to call and they tried to tell me I couldnt' have it, without calling. I insisted and... got my new ID. I really want to go back in time and smack the bitch that wouldn't give me my ID yesterday. But what with a pair of cops hanging around the building I suppose that could have been awkward at best.

Meanwhile, this guy who's been coming in and flirting with me a little came in today, again. It's been a while since he's been in and I found I missed him. This time he came in and was talking on his cell phone the entire time. The coworker I like was standing nearby as was one of the local workers. So while he was talking on his cell phone I started talking to the local guy telling him how very annoying and rude I think it is when people come up to the counter and talk on their cell phone the entire time when I'm trying to serve them. I think I repeated myself about three or four times, rather loudly. Everyone agreed with me, all of us looking at him pointedly. He never broke stride in his conversation as the local guy pointed out that this guy wasn't hearing a single word we said. As the transaction completed he hung up the phone and I smiled brightly, as if I hadn't been talking mean about him moments before and said "Hi! How're you?!"

He stared at me suspiciously, apparently completely unaware of the conversation that had been going on around him. "What?" He asked. I smiled brightly, saying nothing. "What... were you saying something to me?" he pressed. "No, sir!" I said, still too enthusiastically, and smiled again intentionally being very fake. The local guy, still waiting his turn laughed a little but said nothing. Finally the guy shook his head with a smile and said "gosh, she's so pretty" which immediately made me smile more genuinely and look away shyly, and then he left.

This guy is killing me with that. I couldn't believe he said that in front of other people. It's somehow the sort of compliment I'm used to getting on a one-on-one basis... in this case because there were witnesses, it seems much more genuine. He's got me thoroughly seduced. Seriously. He's done an excellent job of making himself excessively attractive to me and I'm totally give him credit for having done so. Bravo to him.

No comments: