Monday, November 28, 2005

Hey! Go away!

So these two guys come in. It's always ONE of two guys with me, isn't it? Of course, it's the weird looking one. He was okay looking but was wearing a football jersey tucked into too-tight jeans which lent him a very strange apple-on-sticks appearance which didn't appeal to me. He sees me and I can tell by the look in his eye that he's going to try to flirt with me. Ineptly. "Hey, beautiful eyes," he says. I smile at him tightly, unwilling to be rude but not encouraging him. I cannot wait until he leaves.

He wanders the store, I can see him covertly glancing over to see if I'm looking. He's trying to model himself for me. Trying to catch me looking. I keep my eyes resolutely glued anywhere but him and wish to fucking god he'd stop bringing merchandise up to the counter one... item... at... a... time... so I have to wait assuming his next trip will be his last.

Eventually he goes through my line and is gone. And I breathe a sigh of relief.

Hours later he walks in again, "hey, boo, I'm back" he says. I smile tightly again, "I noticed." Luckily this time I'm not alone and he behaves himself, though his eyes still have that unnatural brightness of someone holding himself back....

No comments: