Sunday, November 06, 2005

Well, isn't that just....

So, anyway. The other day I was contacted via the sex site by someone I used to work with. Someone I hired, even. Someone I was vaguely attracted to. Someone I got over real quick, but who's personality I always kind of liked. Of course, any thoughts HE might have had toward a union were squashed. He might not have meant it, and that's fine because you know... I'm going to have to say "no."

So then yesterday I was working. All of about 25 people came in. One of them saw me and called me a nickname which is certainly not MY nickname in any sense of the word. He later went on to ask me if I was rushing so I could get back on the internet. I didn't get it. I wasn't rushing and what the fuck did the internet have to do with ANYTHING at all?

About two minutes after he left it fell together. The nickname. The internet crack. He was making a reference to the same profile the other person responded to. God dammit. So I sat and argued with myself about it. "Could it be? Naw... well... maybe...." When I came home I went to husband and told him my story, he's rather cynical. If I was wrong, he'd tell me. I finished the story and he laughed at me. "I think it was a reference, too."

This morning I wake up and check the site with some sense of trepidation. And there, indeed, is an email from either the person just mentioned or YET ANOTHER PERSON asking if I work in the place that I work and if I was at work YESTERDAY. So now I've been recognised by two or three people in the last few days. What the hell is going ON?

Not that it really matters. I'd prefer me coworker remain clueless, but otherwise it's just kind of weird because I've only been in this situation once before and that was just odd.

Also, I slept like a baby last night, much to my shock and delight. I thought for sure my tongue piercing was going to keep me awake all night. Instead I woke up and scraped my tongue across my teeth in an apparent attempt to cause myself as much pain as possible. I'm okay now. Three Advil make everything better....

No comments: