Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Not so much like me...

or maybe it is.

A few days ago there was the guy who told me, at the store, that I was pretty. I was messaged on the personals site by a man who looked exactly like that man... in his picture. It surprised me. And excited me. The man who said I was pretty was available. He'd read my ad and found me exciting enough to want to pursue it. I thought.

Turns out I was wrong. The similarities while vaguely uncanny in the photograph turned out to be merely similarities. None the less, I was intrigued. His introductory message to me said the following:

It is unfortunate I just found you on here. I leave Friday, and am just down the road from you.

Anyways. my name is Keith, and in the military. I am not sure if I should keep talking because it won't lead anywhere.

Good luck, and I hope you find someone. If you'd like to, you can YIM me.


His assurance that his e-mail would not lead to anything pleased me a little because of the fact that I'd made it clear in my profile that I really wasn't interested in meeting someone quickly. He'd obviously read my profile and acknowledged that he was not right for me... but wanted me to know that I was right for him. I appreciate those sorts of messages at times.

I did YIM him, thinking he was the man from the store. Our conversation quickly proved that NOT to be true. However, it also proved he was a really funny, really interesting guy. He invited me over a number of times and I laughed him off. After all, we'd already established that he wasn't offering what I really want. Still... I didn't say goodbye either. Conversation flowed... then he turned on his webcam. And we kept talking. And then he showed me his IDs. Three of them. And I thought, "well, I can be reasonably sure he's not a dangerous criminal..." and then I thought "you know... he's turning me on... he's nearby for now..." and I agreed to go see him.

I stopped and picked up some wine. Something to get me a little more at ease. And then I headed to see him....

No comments: