Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Whatever may be...

Today the Greek god came to visit again. Well, shop, I suppose. I ended up having a long talk with him about his job and his last job and all that. He's really quite cute. Just before he came in another customer came in. So after I talked to the Greek god for a while he wandered to another part of the store and the first customer approached. "Is that your boyfriend?" He asked. I glanced over at the Greek god and very nearly answered "no, but he should be!" but instead said "...no. I'm married." I began ringing up his purchases and he said something about the fact that "well, I guess since you're HAPPILY married I won't say anything... cuz I was going to say something." I didn't respond at all. It was very odd.

But it got me to thinking about the Greek god in a way I maybe shouldn't bother. He does have a wedding ring, after all.

It was odd having a guy come on to me. Or even try. But it was nice to be able to kind of shut him down without being super rude about it, either. Thank god.

No sign of Nils today (which I knew was going to be the case). Also no sign of Sam. AGAIN. And since I don't work tomorrow and open Friday I won't get to see Sam until at LEAST next week. What kind of shit is THAT, I say? As for Nils... I'm not convinced I'll see him, either. Dammit. I'm terribly sad.

The low point of the day was husband telling me that, basically, he may get kicked out of the military in as few as 4 months because he's going to refuse to reenlist which means refusing his next assignment and the penalty for refusal is removal. So. Yeah. I'm not thrilled. But whatever will be will be....

No comments: