Thursday, December 01, 2005

Zzzzzz

I went to jury duty today. I've had it all week, however, this was the first and only day I was asked to actually show up. And they certainly did their best to make sure I suffered for it. I ended up getting called up to a case with 99 other potential jurors. Yes, that's right, I was 1 out of 100. And can I just tell you how fucking long it takes to get through the voir dire process when there are 100 people and the judge insists on asking questions like "have you ever been a victim of a crime?" and each and every person who has was asked to approach the bench and explain what crime they were a victim of.

And then it turned out that the damned recording system had some work that needed to be done and we had an hour and a half recess to eat... and then... back to the court for the selection process. And after ALL THAT I was "respectfully dismissed." In fact, they went through about 50 jurors before they filled the jury and the alternates. So the other 50 people were just there for fun.... Then we all got to go downstairs and check back in... and then wait some more... and then we were excused. And oh my god was I done.

On a good note, there were about three hot guys... and the defense attorney was hot, too. Actually, so was the prosecutor... but she was a girl and I'm not that into women. Now that I think about it the defendant wasn't too bad either. For an accused murderer....

Also, I got to have lunch with the super beautiful man I mentioned recently. We kept everything on the up and up... but it was kind of funny because he could barely look me in the eye. And I was thinking "since WHEN?" But that's okay. Because it was really nice to see him again. I'm sure there's nothing going to happen between us... but it was nice to see him.

So. Nothing exciting to report today, unfortunately....

No comments: