Thursday, March 30, 2006

A coupla things

So there's this one guy. Kinda cute. Comes into the store just about every day. He's amusing and mean in the same way I am. Sarcastic, but fun. I like him. The other day we had a long-ish conversation. It drifted from the frivolous to something vaguely more important. His job. He told me about the fact that he was accepted into one of the elite forces, passed the training. Etc. Not doing it now for a temporary medical condition.

I still find myself in a vague sense of disbelief about it. Him? Right. ...but... then again....

So now I find myself looking at him more. Appreciating his pretty blue eyes. The way he's already got crows feet around his eyes when he laughs.

Yeah. I'm trying to pretend his (former) career has nothing to do with it. But it does. I'm perhaps typical that way. However, to have the mental and physical stamina to be among the best of the best.... Well... that's fucking hot and it's hard to pretend it's not.

But I try to pretend not to have noticed. Because there's no reason to SEEM typical even if I am.

Meanwhile, Hawk came into the store twice yesterday. For some reason he started talking about lubricants which is pretty funny since I've been on a hunting expedition for a new one for a while and have been reading up on them. He said something about KY and I told him that KY sucks. So he brought up the KY warming liquid. Which also sucks. "why?" he asked. So I told him that I'd tried it and simply wasn't impressed so I had to go online and read some reviews to see if I was some sort of freak (which he thought was funny) and discovered most people aren't terribly impressed with it.

I started talking about some other lubes and mentioned that I'd just ordered a new one the other day. With silicon in it. Because it doesn't dry out at all.

"You and your husband must have some freaky sex," he told me. I stared at him but said nothing. While Hawk doesn't know my husband, he would surely know him on sight. And the last thing I want is for husband to be embarassed about his lack of sexual interest in me. Not EVERYONE needs to know I'm not getting fucked... like... ever.

This is at least the second time Hawk has commented on my sex life being far, far more interesting than it is. And I want to tell him "it's not! really! ...want to help me change that?" Except I'm not really THAT into him. I can't explain it even remotely (he's hot, he's really easy to talk to and get along with.... but I feel nothing). Besides, he's got a girlfriend and it's just so lame when people cheat on their girlfriends.....

No comments: