Monday, March 13, 2006

My Amusement

I went to workout today despite an intense desire to stay home. It's my Sunday night. Who wants to work out on their Sunday night before work?! Alas, since I didn't get to go on Saturday or Sunday I felt it was my duty.

I went into the room with all the various cable/pulley machines where I live 1/3 of my gym life and was greeted by a woman wearing a variation on the outfit I was wearing. Same colors. Different style, slightly. Not funny. I think we must have been two of four women in the building and the only two women in that room and we happened to be, essentially, wearing the same damned thing. Luckily, I looked better in it than her because it's a competition, don't you know? So I left my hoodie on so it wasn't QUITE so obvious. I left that room and headed to the cardio room (where I spend the rest of my gym time)and everything was okay again.

While I was in there the gym manager came in to work out. I had a man on each side of me on the ellipticals (not guys I was digging, unfortunately) so he ended up further away. (It just struck me that the gym manager needs a name and is henceforth going to be known as Hawk). Last time he was on the ellipticals with me, Hawk stayed in his for about ten minutes before moving on to the treadmills in front of me. This time he stayed on the elliptical. I kept waiting for him to move because I was totally going to tell him to take one of the two in front of me, though there were others free. But he never fucking moved.

So I finished my workout and cleaned the machine. I stood there for a half second deciding whether to say anything before walking up to him. "You know, the ONE day I was really looking forward to having someone work out in front of me and you didn't move. What's your problem?"

He smiled hugely at me, "I ran yesterday. Look, I'll be running tomorrow."

I smiled back, "okay. I guess I'll be here." And started to walk away but saw him making some weird gesture so I turned back around.

He was pointing at his ass and mouthing "and I'll wear something tight."

Score.

No comments: