Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Mocking the Married Guy

The married guy came in again today. I'm sure this means I won't see him until the end of the week, again, if then. Damn him for only coming in once in a while. He spoke to me very softly, this time. I noticed his voice was especially gentle today. Caressing almost. Sexy.

He said my name three times, I think. Maybe it was only twice. He said it more than he needed to. I should have asked him his name. Maybe that was what he was waiting for me to do. I liked it. I liked that he knows my name.

I asked him how his trip was. He headed North for the weekend, he'd told me. "It was a trip," he said looking vaguely annoyed. But then he played it off. Maybe it wasn't so bad. A long drive... but it was a beautiful weekend, afterall. I found myself tempted to ask him if he got any. I bet he would have given me an answer similar to the ones my gnomish friend gives... something about it being sex... but duty sex more than fun. Something lackluster. I'd be happy to give him something more exciting.

He told me that he thought the front door was locked, someone had to let him in. I mocked him for not being able to open the door. He insisted it was locked. I grabbed my keys telling him "I really don't think I have a key to that door." He asked me if I enjoy keeping people off balance, as I'd been mocking him. I laughed at him, "Yes, I like my customers to be confused." I almost said "my men" maybe he saw the hesitation. We went outside. I stood there holding the door, "but if it's locked, I don't want to get locked out."

He opened the door and let me back inside. "I'll try opening it." The door closed. He pulled it open without a problem. He didn't have much to say after that. I laughed. Next time I'll ask him if he made it through the door okay.

I liked that little bit of extra contact. I like HIM. I don't like the married part. I'm willing to try to get over it....

No comments: