Friday, March 03, 2006

Good and Not So Good.

Part of the reason I enjoy working Fridays is the fact that most people are more relaxed and have a little more time to stand around and socialize.  The attitudes are everything, especially here where everyone works their 40+ hour jobs in their uniforms.  Friday afternoons they get to start letting loose a little and it's great fun to get to be here to witness it.

The gym manager came in and ended up spending at least a half hour, probably closer to 45 minutes just talking with me.  He told me all sorts of stories from his younger days and just kept me laughing the whole time.

Except while we were talking Sam came.  And left.  As soon as I was sure he was gone I threw a fit at the gym manager for talking to so much.  "I love him!" I told him.  "And you kept talking so he LEFT.  I hate you I hate you."  He laughed at me, "I know him... how old is he!?"  So, I told him and he told me "wow, I thought he was older."  Which I guess I might have thought so, too, at one point but... not really.  Apparently the manager wanted to add about another 7 years to his age.  Which is maybe what I was guessing.  But hell, dude's kind of timeless.  Chances are good he'll look like he does now when he's 7 years older.  My point is he's god damned good looking and I don't care what anyone else says.

Oh, and I told the gym manager that in the future he is forbidden to workout next to me because I find it messes up my heart rate.  He seemed to think that was pretty funny.  I think it was that bit of honesty that kept him in here talking to me for the next half hour....  Men like to be admired as much as women, apparently.  Maybe that's why Sam sticks around.

I also ended up having a long conversation with a cute boy who works in the gym doing some of the grunt work they require there.   Long conversation.  That was nice, too.

You know it really sucks that I probably won't see Sam again for another 9 days or more....

No comments: