Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Step Up

Later in the day the gym manager came into the store. Of course I had to bug him about something so I commented on the fact that he and this woman had been standing in the hall near my jacket and had blocked me from getting to my stuff. I stood there not three feet from them with me squarely in his line of vision... and he didn't move. Not one solitary inch. I finally squeezed past. So I commented on his lack of movement. "Well, I didn't want to be all up in her grill like this," he said, stepping toward me, deep into my personal space. I reflexively stepped back and mocked him some more. But I thought about it quite a bit.

Later at the gym I ran into him again and said something about "hey, I hope I didn't offend you when you stepped toward me and I stepped away like that." He asked me what I meant and I reminded him of earlier. "Oh, you mean like this?" he asked, stepping toward me again. And even though I promised myself I'd hold my ground I stepped back. AGAIN. I laughed then and said "hey, it's just a thing. I'm sorry."

Next time I think I might tell him that when a man steps toward me like that I have two choices, step toward him, too, or away. Generally speaking stepping away is the appropriate choice. Something like that. Whatever, I'll figure it out.

My married man came into the store, too. He's really got great eyes. Piercing. And a nice smile. He walked past me and I can't remember who spoke first but he said something to me. An attempt to say ANYTHING, obviously. It's nice to know I make someone as nervous as most guys make me. It's mutual.

Troy told me, today, that he likes that whenever I look at him he can see that I want to fuck him. Which, despite all appearances otherwise, is completely true. I think I look at my married man that way. If he looks, he'll certainly see my interest right there plain as the nose on my face. I don't try to be subtle. Maybe it'll go somewhere. There are worse things to do than to fuck some married Navy chief. Or whatever he is. Plus, I haven't slept with anyone in the navy and if I'm going to I might as well do it before we move....

Which brings me to Troy. He's leaving next week. Tonight he went on and on about how horny he is. I didn't really express an interest in taking care of his needs, although I didn't say I wouldn't either. He reminded me of the last time we were together and I told him that I'd been debating whether to go to the gym (the same thing I'd been debating about the last time we got together). "go to the gym," he told me. Not seeming pouty. Because apparently since he's leaving next week he has no interest in a last get together when he's horny? Yeah, I don't get him at ALL.

Spencer didn't really understand it, either. At least I'm not the only one confused by the crazy a-sexual men in my life. Spencer and I may still be getting together tomorrow. I think in a way we're both kind of apathetic about it. Which, in my opinion, tends to actually be a good thing when it comes to me meeting guys. Frank I wasn't excited to see at all and (other than the one bit of unpleasantness) he and I were quite good together. Even Keith I was more than a little apprehensive about seeing and look how THAT turned out?

So we'll see. We'll see.

No comments: