Friday, February 10, 2006

Day.

Neither Sam nor Nils came in today. MP walked in just before I was going to close and got all flirty. But... no. I know he did it on purpose, however. He knew I was going to be there alone. He saw me. And he planned it. It was cute but... no.

In the evening one of my regular customers came in. He's a guy right around 40... probably 40-something. Not super hot but... attractive. I'd do him. He's another one of those guys with the riveting eyes. Blue. Long, dark lashes... vaguely incongruent with the rest of his features in a way that's just so... nice.

So he came in and I did the normal "customer" things with him, asking him about his day and all that. "It's been a long week," he told me. Then he looked thoughtful for a second, because week after week that's exactly what he's said so he added, "It's been a long month. I sure hope it slows down. It's been very crazy."

I nodded, "I'm sorry, I... I'm not much help in that." Since I had no freaking clue what to say and words somehow failed me.

"You help by just listening," he said.

Considering most of our conversations don't go over a couple of minutes I found myself kind of surprised by that. "Well... thank you," I said back.

He started to say something else, I forget what but nothing too exciting but ended up stumbling over his words. He made a noise at his inability to speak and said "now I'm embarassed."

I laughed at him as I got his change. "You know, I spend a lot of my life embarassed. It's nice to have someone else know my pain now and again."

I looked at him and caught him looking at me. Maybe my breasts. He looked up quickly, though and looked deep into my eyes, "YOU have nothing to be embarassed about." And I knew he was trying to compliment me. Come on to me a little. Without actually saying anything.

But I laughed it off. Because that's what I do best. "Well, I rather mean sometimes I just need to keep my mouth shut," I said.

"Oh, yeah, I know what you mean," he said.

I should have carried the conversation further. But I was still kind of mentally reeling from the idea that he might be interested in me as more than just the store-girl. He said "goodbye" around then and I yelled after him "see you in a week!" which sounded stupid. Since I was yelling it after him. I'm so not getting a piece of this guy. Ah, well.

This other guy who works in the gym whom I may have mentioned previously was also an object of my flirting today. I said something kind of dirty to him and he looked surprised at me and then smiled, "You know... I LIKE that." he said. Referring to my forwardness... my dirtiness. Dude's WAY out of my league. However, I appreciated the ego boost....

No comments: