Friday, February 17, 2006

Oh. My.

So that guy.  The one from like a month ago that I messed up and basically appeared to be asking out... the one who then turned around and kind of asked me out... and then came back after the store was closed because I forgot to give him money... that one...

He showed up again this evening.  I saw him, recognise him from behind, now.  "Ah, you snuck in," I said when I saw him at the counter.  I walked up to my side of the counter and got him his cigarettes (yucky).  "So you going to work again?" I asked, still happy to make conversation.  He fumbled with his answer, "C'mon," I said, "is it really that hard of a question?"

He explained that he had been in training and was now off to do his eight hours at his normal job.  Which makes a little sense that he'd fumble with that answer.  "Do you at least get a long weekend," I asked.  He told me he did and exactly which three days.  "Well, at least there's that," I said.

"Yes, but if only I had someone to go home to," he said, smiling at me.  I stared at him completely nonplussed.  And he kept talking "someone to rub my back.. a warm body..."  I stared at him, probably open mouthed and completely without response.  Because, you know... I can't remember if I ever told him I'm married and certainly am NOT available to be the warm body for him to come home to.

I think I said something like "I... uh.. wish I had a response for that."  He said something about how, basically, his life sucks because of the lack of someone to go home to and I responded "ah, it's not that bad."  Of course we all know I mean that I'd much rather be single than married, dude.  But that's probably NOT what he heard.

Which means I probably should have some kind of a conversation with him about it.  Except... the situation is just SO weird....

Plus, the more interest he shows... the more I think "...hmm... wonder if he reads Men's Health..."

Did I mention there's a KICK ASS article in Men's Health this month?  I'll have to share about it, later.

No comments: