Friday, February 03, 2006

Talk

Husband and I talked. Not a lot. But more. Maybe a bit about the reality of the idea of getting divorced. The REAL reality of Keith (which isn't to say much since he and I are in different parts of the world and would make a terrible couple).

I finally asked husband, "don't you ever think maybe we'd be better off if we were just friends?"

He was quiet for a moment before saying, "yes." Which was oddly comforting and really, really depressing.

"I just feel like in a lot of ways we've grown apart," I admitted.

"There's got to be some way we can get closer again," he said.

"You'll have to give up Tivo," I joked.

"Okay," he said, sounding serious. Surprising me.

I laughed, "you'd give up Tivo?!?"

"I like Tivo. I really like Tivo. But not more than my marriage."

And maybe he even meant it.

No comments: