Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Worst Day Ever

Last night the internet stopped working in the house.  One of our neighbors apparently bought cable which degrades our signal.  This has been a long standing problem which led to one of our neighbors buying a satellite dish.  However, the new neighbors know nothing of this and are now the cause of much gnashing of teeth in my home.  So I'm sending this from work.

I ordered a signal amplifier from circuit city and set myself up to pick it up at the nearby store before work.  They opened late.  Then took a half hour to discover they did not have my item.  I got a gift card out of it.  However, I lack the merchandise I would have MUCH rather had... and wasted a bunch of time this morning.  And STILL lack internet access.

Then, since I'm at the OTHER store... I ended up working with a guy I'm increasingly coming to loathe.  The one that sexually harassed me in December.  And this time he decided to be a vindictive prick and play it like I was rude to him today.  Which I was not.  So then he walked out.  Played that he suddenly had an emergency and had to leave instead of having to do the thing i'd asked him to do.  His way of getting his way. 

Anyway.  It was not the sort of day I'd been looking foward to.  Luckily, I'm off tomorrow and will only have two more days of his company, max.  Thank GOD.

Tonight... much hunting for an alternative to this horrible internet problem and maybe some alcohol.  I feel awful.

No comments: