Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Guys in review... or something.

You'd think after the way he manhandled me on Saturday I'd hear from Martin again. You'd be wrong. I don't GET that guy. Whatever.

Troy, meanwhile, invited me out to play for tonight. I told him "I'll think about it." And I have been. But I'm not convinced it's worth my time. He's handsome and had a big unit. But other than that... I don't particularly care for his personality. Somehow talking to him just makes me feel bad about myself.

So. Yeah. I still talk to Troy but I'm not all that excited about the idea of seeing him again.

MP came in yesterday and mocked me a little. I always enjoy a good mocking. My coworker (a different one than the one I dislike) looks vaguely like me. We have similar coloring and bodies. On the other hand she's got 20 years on me. We apparently also have similar taste in clothes. Often we'll show up wearing the same colors. Yesterday, MP pointed out that we were both wearing the same colors and the same style of v-neck t-shirt. *sigh* I swear I don't dress like a 40+ year old. He then spent the rest of his time there making fun of us. I really should have pointed out that his uniform isn't exactly an original, either. Instead I flipped him off and he looked at his watch and at me mouthing the word "when?" I laughed in response.

Then there was the super hot guy who came in at the end of the night. Near as I can tell he'd never been in the store before. He was there to buy cigarettes. A nasty, disgusting habit that I just can't stand... but if I don't have to witness it, I don't mind so much. So I got him a carton (at his request) and since it was open I checked to make sure all the cigarettes were in there. I set it on the counter and he did the same thing.

"I was checking to make sure they were all there," I told him.

"Yeah, me too," he replied then added "not that I don't trust you."

I glanced up at him, "Yeah... right...."

"Look, don't mess with my cigarettes," he said teasingly. I looked up at him again and shook my head. "Don't make me come over the counter," he said.

I thought about it for a second as I was getting his change and said "I dare you." This is something people often joke about. More about me coming over the counter at them. However, I'm willing to have someone do a dive over the counter at me, why not?

"You just want to see me fall on my face," he said.

"Well, the counter is rather high. And wide."

"I'm rather tall," he informed me.

I glanced up at him again, "you certainly are," I responded. I was glad to have an excuse to give him that once over.

Shortly after that he left. Maybe he'll be back... yummy....

No comments: