Thursday, February 16, 2006

A little happy.

I spent this morning telling myself "I will not be SHY today!" And of course, I was. Although not too. I didn't start conversations when I could have. Part of my fear is my terrible inability to recognize and remember faces. I hate having a conversation with someone and then five minutes later realizing I have no idea what the person looks like and unless we talk about the same thing again... I'm not going to remember.

The evil man at work whom I loathe basically ignored me all day, which suited me perfectly. He can act like a big baby all he wants. I had to talk to him about three times and he acted as if I wasn't even there. Terribly funny and pathetic. I now am pretty confident I understand his emotional and mental level. The fact that he's muslim doesn't speak much for him, either. Me and my feminism. On a positive note I'm fairly confident since he's a foreign national AND islamic with a painfully islamic name I don't think he'll get into "MY" store in it's secured area anytime soon. So I'll only have to deal with him when I visit "his" store.

And on a really happy note... I'll be back at my store again tomorrow because of someone getting sick and another person being on vacation. Score! The two important parts being the vague possibility Sam might actually show up again (it's been soooo long) and of course the guy from last Friday whom I have no business crushing on. But....

I'm reasonably sure Nils won't show up, even though he came in neither Saturday nor Monday. If he does it'll be a delightful surprise. I'll have to make an effort to try to watch his reaction to my sudden re-appearance. And find out where the hell he's been and if he's leaving me or what. He's NOT allowed to just disappear without saying "goodbye" at least....

Anyway. Tomorrow comes early and I'm tired. But in a good mood.

Although I did totally blow off DJ tonight. Although I warned him I might. It's really for the best that I did... but... dammit I feel guilty.

And I miss Keith. We haven't really had a chance to connect in FAR too long. I hate that....

No comments: