Tuesday, January 10, 2006

That's the plan, stan.

So Sunday night I gave some thought to when I'd see Nils again and what I was going to say. I've got in my head that I can guess which bar he goes to... just because it seems so obvious to me that he'd go to THIS particular bar (which is quite popular around here). I considered asking him, considered starting the question with "where do you live?" except that seemed too obvious so I settled on just asking him what he did with his weekend. Thus semiprepared and hoping that hear (or hopefully NOT hear) a "we" in his weekend plans I was prepared to run into him.

So today he popped in a good two to two and a half hours earlier than he normally does, throwing me slightly off my game. He was wearing the "cop" version of a physical training uniform, essentially a sweat shirt and pants with a logo. And my breath caught. Because I've often wondered what he looks like out of uniform. I've long suspected that his bullet proof vest was acting as some kind of a disguise but I wasn't exactly sure WHAT it was disguising. Today I found out. He is fucking BUILT. Like I suspected. Except MORE so. Oh, holy shit. Needless to say I no longer need to hold myself back from visualizing him naked for fear I'll be imagining something more perfect than he is. Oh no. The only thing I can ask now is for god to please grant me the pleasure of seeing him in a t-shirt....

So his turn came in line and there really wasn't anyone else around so I asked him "So... do anything exciting this weekend?" trying VERY HARD to keep my eyes from drifting down his body. "I had a four day weekend," he told me. I smiled, "I know. You told me. So surely you did SOMETHING exciting this weekend?" He was quiet a moment, "I'm trying to remember." Now, at THIS point (I mean, as I'm writing this) I'm wondering if he was avoiding telling me something that he did. I don't know what kind of antics he gets up to that he wouldn't want to share... but I can't help but think he was trying to come up with SOME small detail that he could share without giving anything away. Regardless I found myself laughing at him, "oh my god, you got SO drunk you don't remember what you did!" He smiled at me, "I did get really drunk on Friday." Seeing he was going to offer no more I changed the subject.

"I went to see Hostel this weekend," I told him. "Austin?" "Hostel." "Austin Powers?" *sigh* "HOSTEL." "Oh. HOSTEL! How was it?" "Okay, you know Natural Born Killers?" "Yeah, I liked that movie." "Me, too. It was kind of like that in a way... with the gore. Except with less of a story line." I thought for a moment and added "the first half of the movie is breasts and sex... the second half is all torture." "Didn't they cut off someone's toes?" I thought for a second thinking of a different scene before I remembered what he was talking about "yes, they did. It's a pretty good movie." "I'm going to have to go see it now." I was too stupid to ask him to report back on what HE thought. I'll have to mention it next time. It also would have been an excellent opportunity to ask him to see it with me. Except.. you know... the whole "married" thing which he might not like.

"So... you're really early and you're wearing funny clothes. What's going on?" "I'm in training," he told me. "Training for what?" "To be a police officer." I laughed at him, police officer. Right. So I was quiet then, waiting to see if he'd add more. "They're making me do some qualifying stuff." "Ah, that sounds interesting." "It's not," he said, "it mostly involves rolling around in the dirt and shooting guns." Which immediately brought to mind Keith and some of his work photos. "That actually sounds really interesting." He shook his head but didn't argue further. Apparently I'm missing something. So I told him "look, don't be bitter just because you're not as funny as I am." Which gave him an opening to mock me for my "bad" joke from the other day. Shortly after which he made his exit.

And I was thrilled. Because the conversation had gone pretty much exactly how I'd wanted it to. Except I still want to know what the fuck he got up to this weekend that he won't talk about...

So yes, for tomorrow... I must come up with a new plan....

No comments: